30.6.09

NEW YORK CITY





I absolutely love New York. I need to live there one day, it's such an awe-inspiring city, and it felt very homely to me.
I visited New York with Steve, and as it was our first visit to the city obviously we did the typical tourist things, but what I enjoyed about it was that we went away from some of the main tourist spots. We shopped in Soho, ate in East Village and wandered through Alphabet City. East Village reminded me of a high street back at home, I couldn't see any of the high-rise buildings and it was very residential, but there were lots of small but busy friendly bars and places to eat filled with locals.
I like New York because I saw different things that I found very peculiar, for example: shoe-shiners, hot dog stands on every street corner, and a pair of shoes in Central Park with a note left lovingly inside with the words "God Bless You".

I have decided to produce a personal book about my trip to New York in the form of a diary, filled with my photographs and illustrations. Watch this space...  

No comments:

Post a Comment