14.9.09

I heart Fleet Foxes

Mykonos from Grandchildren on Vimeo.

Mykonos making of from Grandchildren on Vimeo.


I was at Bestival, Isle of Wight at the weekend and was lucky enough to be front row (hardcore fan) at the Fleet Foxes set on the main stage. I loved it. Their music gives me a warm feeling like no other music, Fleet Foxes are like a Sunday afternoon, an unwinding ambience of soft harmonistic vocals and sounds. It makes me feel like drinking a mug of hot chocolate and unwind in front of wood fire, wrapped in a woollen blanket.

Their video for my favourite song Mykonos is an interesting inspiring piece of animation from a company called Grandchildren. It's a simple collaboration of paper and music forming an animated story. Geometric shapes of pallid colours imitating creatures within a forest and other mystical happenings.


No comments:

Post a Comment